Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Yay! I've Been Nominated!



DSC05023F

Sharon over at A Lazy Womans Garden nominated me for the Beautiful Bloggers award last week and I was supposes to participate in my next post. Well, it completely slipped my mind so I want to do my part before I continued about my trip to Eden Gardens. I think this is a fun idea and I don’t know why more bloggers don’t like to participate. I’m suppose to tell you seven things about myself that you probably don’t know and pick my favorite bloggers to nominate. So here we go with my seven did you knows about me.


1. Ten years ago I had a blind date with a movie/television star and we are still friends. It was three months before I even knew he was famous. I found out half way through a bologna sandwhich at lunch one day when I saw him on TV.

2. I have 48 nephews and nieces.

3. I once cleaned a live cheetah’s teeth, his name was Emmit. His fur felt like one of those coconut fiber door mats and he had the biggest claws I've ever seen.

4. I nearly drowned in a River when I was about 13. I got caught in an eddy and couldn't get out. I saw my life flash before my eyes and the white light. I still don't swim any more and I will never get in a river again past my ankles.

5. My best friend married a man named Randy and that is also her son’s name.

6. I met my other best friend 21 years ago when I attacked her in a doctor administered drug induced blackout, while in the hospital with a kidney stone. I thought she was copping a feel while taking my x-ray; we are still very best friends to this day.

7. I don’t mind handling snakes, but I refuse to pick up one of those little green lizards or those nasty little rain frogs.


Now for my nominations… pretty much everyone’s blog I read on a regular basis has chosen not to participate in memes or awards so I’m not nominating. What I am doing is inviting everyone that reads this post to participate and ask that you come back and place the web address to your post in my comments. I’d love to know more about you and I think this is a fun way to do it!

7 comments:

  1. 48 nieces and nephews! Whew you are one busy uncle! So nice to learn more about you Randy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina,
      Most of my nephews and nieces have kids. And they are spread out all over the place. There is such an age difference most of them don't have alot to do with me. You would think since I don't and won't have any heirs that at least one of them would be trying to get on Uncle Randy's good side. LOL :0)

      Delete
  2. This is one of the most interesting 7's I have ever read. I am not that interesting or I would participate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa,
      I don't believe for one minute they you aren't interesting! I have a piece of your artwork remember? Trust me when I tell you that's about it when it comes to interesting facts about me. LOL

      Delete
  3. Say what?? What movie star? I've never heard about this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't really hit it off on the date front, Phillip. But we've kept in contact since, we email each other all along, though I haven't heard from him for several months now.

      Delete
  4. WOW Randy how very interestin!!...I can imagine a cheetah being rough!...I pet a tiger cub at a zoo once...Dying to know the TV stars name...and what a huge family!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I enjoy every one that I get!